Resurrection Village For The People!
Resurrection Village is a – CURRENTLY DISPLACED – Self Governed Tiny Home Village By and For the Residents.
After opening Saturday, October 24th, 2015, the Denver Housing Authority called the police and over 70 police officers, a swat team, a clean up crew and a helicopter came to raid our village, arrest 10 people, destroy three homes, confiscate our tools and steal our homes.
Today, we are once again house-less. A group of brave villagers are sleeping right out side of our village property until the Denver Housing Authority gives this piece of public land back to the public.
For more information, please see our press releases on our media page.
- Legalize Tiny Homes in Denver – A cheap, sustainable, and attractive solution for many.
- Set Aside Publicly Owned Land for Tiny Homes and people experiencing homelessness -Public Assets Should Be Used For The Public Good – we don’t need our public land sold to private developers to build condos when we are in an affordable housing crisis. We need a Tiny Home Village run by and for people experiencing homelessness.
Further more Denver must…
3. End the Criminalization of Homelessness – Repeal all laws which infringe on people’s rights to move freely, rest, sleep and protect oneself from the elements, sleep in your legally parked vehicle, and eat in public spaces.
4. Stop Displacing Urban Farmers – keep the few urban farms we have in Denver Functioning (stop selling public land to private developers).
5. Adequately Fund Affordable Housing Development – We need real funding for our current crisis. Not just small ‘rotating funds’ for workforce housing. We need to fully refund our affordable housing budget on a federal, state and local level.